SAFE MODE boot accessibility

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tevbev

I accidentally removed a dll file and now my WindowsXP Home edition starts the boot normally, but hangs up at the USER selection page, giving me a message that says it cannot find the BROWSEUI.dll file, and that Explorer.exe will not load. The only action I can take is through the Task Manager, and that is to shut down or restart the computer. All other aspects of WindowsXP appear normal. Is Explorer.EXE related in any way to Internet Explorer or Start Menu Right Click Explore?

No taskbar (including the START button) loads, so I am not able to reach any programs, or the Explore file manager. I did a back-up before this all happened, but it is stored on a removable hard drive which is connected to the Dell by USB cable. I can't get to it by any means that I am aware of.

Is there any way I can reach the taskbar or Programs menu from the SAFE MODE boot screen? I have been reading everything I can find but probably am not asking for the right information. Any help?

tevbev

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have tired your suggested remedy, but I still get that dll error message. I also tried to reload Firefox Browser, ( I couldn't access the one already loaded) thinking that maybe I could fool it into bypassing Explorer, but it 'out-Firefoxed' me. I will keep looking and hope that, like that blind squirrel, I will find an acorn soon.

TEVBEV

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts