1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Safe mode shutting down? Plus MSCONFIG problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dlc2005, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlc2005

dlc2005 Thread Starter

Hi

I'll get straight to the issue in hand

I have a virus on my laptop, i was in the process of sorting this out, however i clicked on run - Msconfig - Boot - safe boot and selected minimal. I re-started and the computer loaded automatically in safe mode, however it got to the blue screen and the computer shut down automatically.

I take it i need to de-select this option, but i can't even get beyond this blue screen which keeps shutting the computer down. There is an option on my windows 7 Operating system to use CMD as part of the recovery process, however i've tried to open MSCONFIG in there but to no avail. I dont have any system restore points set up either, so all i have is the Regedit option as i can get into Regedit.

My two questions are quite simply: Can i open MSCONFIG in cmd? and Why is safe mode not loading and shutting the computer down? Is this virus related?

I guess a third question would also be, what can i do besides reverting back to default factory settings?

Kind regards, your help is much obliged

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1044300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice