1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Safe-mode... Windows protection erorr... normal... auto-reboot?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Sociailbrium, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sociailbrium

Sociailbrium Thread Starter

Hey so I was looking through the forum but couldn't find an instance where this had happened although I am probably not looking hard enough I received a call last night from a friends dad asking me if I could come over and fix or take a look at his Pc, he told me it wouldn't load and kept going in to safe-mode so I thought it was just a case of fried Ram or he just didn't know a thing. However having just returned from their home, it is infact quite different. Upon booting the screen goes to typical normal, logging, safe-mode screen however choosing normal re-boots the Pc and it starts over again, logging does the same and safe-mode brings up a 'Blue screen of death' but says :Windows protection error, please restart your Pc. I fiddled with Cmos and Bios for an hour trying to change cache settings and alike but to no avail, so I went inside it and nothing is wrong, no fried cards, motherboard although a little dusty is in perfect shape... So I'm clueless which is why I have turned to this forum, can anyone help me with this? He says that he was just checking his E-mail and it re-booted... and I'm stumped as to what the problem is.. Oh and he can't re-install either apperently he has tried to and it has shown the same screen... So does anybody have any experience with this problem that can help me? Thanks

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

I always suspect a virus when the statement is "everything was fine, I was checking my email and then suddenly the computer is toast." Makes no logical sense as the OS just doesn't go kablooey for no reason. So, I suspect a virus in an email attachment, but regardless of what it was, reboot>F8>Command prompt only>format C: should do the trick, then just reinstall windows.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice