safe mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

[email protected]

I'm stuck in "safe mode" and can't get out ! Using Window's 98 second edition updates . Any suggestions as to how to get out of it ?---- gracie

IMM

Does it actually say SAFE Mode on the 4 corners of the screen - or does it just look awful like safe mode?

[email protected]

It says Safe Mode ! I recently had a virus that Mc Afee fixed , but some files were deleted. Could that be the problem or not ? I have the file names , but don't know how to put them back in ! ? gracie

IMM

I can assume you got the file names from mcafee's log file?
What was the virus?
What are the file names? (please post them).
It may simply be a case of extracting them using sfc - or perhaps they'll belong to an update or directx etc. which you can reinstall.

[email protected]

The files that McAfee deleted are GBOGJAAH.BOG SCIL.DLL SCWL(OR 1?).DLL SCD.LL (Was infected , now deleted ) I don't know what any of them do , or if it might be the cause of not being able to get out of "Safe Mode " ? At any rate I don't know how to put them back in , but "Safe Mode" is no fun ! ? gracie

B

Balzac

From Microsoft support:

SYMPTOMS
When you start your computer, it may always start in Safe mode. This may be the case even when you select Normal on the Startup menu, or when you click Normal startup on the General tab of the System Configuration utility.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the [Options] section of the Msdos.sys file contains the following line:
BootSafe=1

This setting forces your computer to start in Safe mode.....

The rest of the solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q306615

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/r1031977115

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online