safe mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nabeel

I have got my computer in the safe mode , my OS is windows ME ,and I have asus graphics card with 256mb ram . I tried to restore it to a previous day but it doesnt work ,and I have tried to press Ctrl while starting and then press normal mode but also no respose ,can you help me in this situation

nabeel

As I write in the first time , my computer in the safe mode and I find difficult to return it to the normal mode,so I try to restore it but this was unuseful at all.
thanks mobo for your response I hope if you can help me

Had you made any changes to the system prior to the last shutdown ?

nabeel

no mobo,I didnt made any changes to the system,but the the electricity got off for three times on my computer /problems with the wire /and when I fixed the wire and start my computer I find the safe mode.

nabeel

I make a scan disk for viruses but no response,I thing when the computer go to safe mode we should reinstal the graphics card CD but unfortunately Iam not sure how to do this

A scandisk isn't checking for viruses, its to check for errors on the hard drive..Go to start/ programs/ assessories / system tools/ scandisk..
Run it and set it to auto fix errors then try to reboot afterwards.

nabeel

thanks , but actually I tried this but I find there is no errors in any drive,in the lasttime when I got my computer in the safe mode ,I took it to an expert who reinstal the graphics card ,and then the computer returned to the normal mode ,but as I TELL YOU I dont know how to reinstal it

whichever one the drivers are insert it and go to devic emanager and click on the device and select update or install drivers..Then when the wizard asks which drivers select the option to search for the drivers in either the floppy or cdrom that you inserted.

nabeel

you mean I insert the graphics card CD in drives ,and choose drives to instal,but the problem any drives I should reinstal,and Iam afraied that the computer in the safe mode will not recognize the CD

just pop in the cd and see if it auto loads first and if it does then tell me what options it gives

nabeel

asus graphics card
in the first page :drives,utilities,asus contact info.
press drives you find:istal disply drives
2-install direct x
3-install gart drives
4-uninstall drives
5-instal wdm capture drives=no activited

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online