"Safely Remove Hardware" Taskbar Icon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
A couple of weeks ago, I installed the software for a HP DeskJet 5940 photo printer that I purchased. Afterwards, a "Safely remove hardware" icon appeared in the taskbar.

None of the startup entries for the new printer are running in the background, so I don't know how to get rid of it.

I've tried following these instructions:

1. Right-click within the notification area, and then click Properties.

2. On the Taskbar tab, click Customize.

3. Select Safely remove hardware, and in the Behavior column, click Always hide.

but when I right-click on the icon, the only thing that appears is "Safely remove hardware".

I've gone into the taskbar properties and tried to do it that way, but it wants to hide all inactive icons, which is not what I want to do.

Any suggestions?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online