1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

safety

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by noterom, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. noterom

noterom Thread Starter

hi.win98s.e i was thinking of cleaning out my case,ihave had it 4years.
    and thought of blowing it out.but read in one post that it could be
    dangerous,and do damage.what should i do leave well alone?.
    noterom.u.k. :confused:

2. LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Hi

If your wanting to give your machine a 'blow' out, you're best calling into your local computer store for a can of air.
    These are designed for inside PC's and any moisuture that comes with them evapourates into a gas, leaving no residue.

Just ensure your PC is shut down, power removed and you have earthed yourself first (touch the copper part of a radiator).

Area's you want to get are underneath the fan on the CPU cooler, all circuit boards, power supply vents and then any other area's you can get to.

Hope that helps.

3. noterom

noterom Thread Starter

hi,loonytunes. thanks a lot, i feel a lot safer now,

. noterom.u.k.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Take it outside and place it on a stable platform before you open it and blow it out, unless you like having dust flying around inside your home. :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice