Safewebnavigate & pc-antispyware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jagfred

I foolishly clicked the wrong button on a pup-up ad and found myself attacked by safewebnavigate and then www.pc-antispyware.com. I worked to clean them off and made some headway using McAfee and Spybot. But then I noticed that if I used IE7 or Firefox, I could get anywhere on the web, but NOT www.comcast.net (for my email) NOR www.nfl.com. This was a Monday night (last night), and I needed those football stats! But I also have Netscape, and I COULD get to those two sites (and anywhere else) using Netscape. (strange)

So I decided to remove IE7 and Firefox, knowing I could always use Netscape to download those two browsers later. Then I found your site and read a few threads with same/similar issues. I ran Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, then ATF Cleaner, then OTScanIt, and finally HiJack This.

After running these three programs, I discovered an apparently un-deleteable version of IE on my PC (which ran "with no add-ons"), and decided to see what the status was on the two sites (www.comcast.net & www.nfl.com). I was pleasantly suprised to find that they both worked! Then I downloaded and re-installed IE7 and Firefox and they both seem to work fine now.

I also ran into a few other issues, such as my clock shifting to a military 24-hour clock, and a "New Hardware Found" but the system couldn't determine what it was. I also had a TeaTimer (Spybot) error on reboot. I fixed these "smaller" issues, and,a s I said, it "looks" like IE7 and Firefox are both now working, but I fear that something may yet be lurking beneath the surface.

Can you please take a look at the following logs and let me know what I must do to really-really make sure everything is safe.

Thank you in advance for your expertise and compassion,
Fred

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts