1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samba locking problem

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by trev.h, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trev.h

trev.h Thread Starter

I have used Webmin 1.1 to customise a Samba environment.
    I have switched File Locking off with "Do File Locking = No" "Fake Oplocks = No" "Strict Locking = No".

I have a share with 2 user accesses that seem to be locking on a
    bunch of Windows .dll files. Each user can access the application (Sage Line50 v6) alone without a problem, but when the second user attempts to start the application it waits for file access.

Webmin info says this:
    NONE /sb_server_01/Accounting/SageAcc/Line50/sg50Nom.dll (DENY_WRITE)

There is a long list of windows .dll files.

As these are Windows .dll files, I don't think they should be written to anyway, so why I am waiting on a DENY_WRITE I have no idea.

Can somone suggest a workaround?

Thanks
    Trev.

2. Roo

Roo

Webmin is Linux based, sageline50 is windows accouncy software. Plus it seems to me you are confused.

This topic should be moved or deleted. Windows and Linux is not compatibale, furthermore if you do not have an illegal copy of Sage, contact Sage themselves, they have excellent tech support for legally paid software users.

Regards,
    Roo

3. trev.h

trev.h Thread Starter

No confusion here.

Samba has a Linux SMB server for providing SMB file and print services to windows. Webmin is a browser based GUI interface for customising Linux environments, including Samba.

I have used Samba to provide a file share called /sb_server_01/Accounting to my windows 2000 clients.

I have used Webmin to customise this Samba environment.

I have installed one Sage Line 50 "Server" installation on one of the Windows 2000 clients to a drive mapped to /sb_server_01/Accounting in directory tree /SageAcc/Line50 and one Sage Line 50 "Client" installation on another of the Windows 2000 clients to a drive mapped to /sb_server_01/Accounting in directory tree /SageAcc/Line50.

So I have a Linux file server using Samba to serve Windows Clients.

The application works OK separately, but I as previously mentioned, I have file locking problems when the log on together even with Locking disabled.

Trev

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice