1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Same external IP is being used by two different computers. Please help.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kashmir09, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kashmir09

kashmir09 Thread Starter

Is this possible? Thanks.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

No the best you can do is assign 1 port to 1 PC and put a second PC into the DMZ. The only other way you could do this is get a router that supports multiple WAN IP's and get multiple IP's from your ISP.

3. kashmir09

kashmir09 Thread Starter

4. kashmir09

kashmir09 Thread Starter

Please...

5. kashmir09

kashmir09 Thread Starter

Hi, all. My brother and I share our Internet connection through our DSL router. We are trying to forward port 6112 TCP for the game Starcraft so that we can play online together and host games, though we cannot get it to work. What happens is that we use the same external IP and Bnet gets confused and stops responding. How can I remedy this problem? Is there a way to use two DIFFERENT external IPs, one for each computer? Please help!

6. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

All routers support 1 WAN IP. I said Multiple WAN IPs. Like I said you have to have the ISP give you the multiple WAN IP's and the router has to support it and your router doesn't look like it supports multiple WAN IP's

7. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Really shouldn't this be merged with the other thread? Its the same question really isn't it? You need 2 different WAN IP's to play internet games. If the other thread is on the same gaming issues. Note that 2 machines from the same IP aren't even allowed on most gaming services.

8. Flrman1

Flrman1

I have merged two of your threads together here and I am closing the third. Please do not start multiple threads for the same problem. Make all posts regarding this matter in this thread.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice