1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

same ip address when connected to lan after disconnecting from wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sangu.kotikal, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sangu.kotikal

sangu.kotikal Thread Starter

Hi .Is there any tool which can fix the same ip address automatically when disconnected from wireless and connected to lan automatically in intranet network within the laptop

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. I usually set my wireless to a fixed IP address.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If there's any possibility of the wireless trying to connect when you have a wired connection, having them have the same manual IP address is a bad idea.

4. sangu.kotikal

Hi ok i understood the problem .......... now please suggest any tool which can disable the wireless as soon as it get connected to lan network ...

5. JohnWill

None that I'm aware of. Any such tool would have to disable your wireless BEFORE you tried to connect to the wired connection with the same IP address, but I don't know of any such tool anyway.

6. sangu.kotikal

No i mean to say that is any tool is available which could disconnect the wireless connection when connected to lan ?

7. JohnWill

Like I said, not that I'm aware of.

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What kind of laptop do you have. There may be a wireless switching utility. Not sure if they work both ways, or just switch to wireless when a LAN cable is disconnected.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice