Same ole printer spooler problem

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
There is usually no reason for the uninstall of Avast to have invoked any chnage into the log in procedure for windows
Whatever method you used to log in before should still work just as it did
On the screen with the pin message

To get started, just click on the Sign-in options beneath the error message “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Choose another sign-in option and set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options“.

Then if you manage to get into windows
After logging into Windows 10, open settings and navigate to Accounts -> Sign-in options. Just select the Windows Hello PIN option and click on Remove.

Then click remove again when the next message appears
then
Enter your current password and click OK. This will remove your current PIN sign-in option immediately.
Reboot your computer. The next time you sign into Windows 10, just open the Settings app again and add a new PIN. The PIN sign-in option should be working now.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Would you please confirm that Windows Security Centre is now checked with green
as per my screenshot

Untitled.png
That is settings update and security - windows security.
If all is correct there please go to settings and apps and uninstall everything connected with the HP printer
Disconnect the usb lead for the printer
Then restart the computer the shutdown is necessary to complete the uninstall

Now go here
https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver.../19203833/model/19202536/swItemId/lj-223853-5

download that software and follow this guide

Note: Do not connect the USB cable until prompted by the installer. If you are connecting to a network, make sure the network cable is connected before running the installer

• Close any software programs running on your computer.
  • Turn on the printer.
  • Click on the Download button on this page.
  • Click the downloaded file. The files will be extracted and the installation process will automatically start.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with and complete the installation.
When the installation has completed. Reboot and try again to use the printer.
Please post with a ful report including any messages if things do not go right.

americamba

When I tried to set up "account protection", I hit a snag. What does this screen shot mean? Probably did something when I was trying to tell the difference between "password", "PIN", and "windows hello" !
I feel like I'm in good hands! Thanks

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not think there is anything wrng there. Does that not refer to the change you requested on post 60
listed as 19 Sept on the message and posted by you on 60 - 20 Sept.

That should not stop you proceeding with the rest of the procedure - if I have interpreted it correctly

As to Leerespoder.com which is I think part of Liquid Web
Liquid Web, L.L.C
I have never heard of it, so I cannot comment on it.
I presume it some manner of email service provider which you use,

Last edited:

americamba

Would you please confirm that Windows Security Centre is now checked with green
as per my screenshot

View attachment 281088
That is settings update and security - windows security.
If all is correct there please go to settings and apps and uninstall everything connected with the HP printer
Disconnect the usb lead for the printer
Then restart the computer the shutdown is necessary to complete the uninstall

Now go here
https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver.../19203833/model/19202536/swItemId/lj-223853-5

Note: Do not connect the USB cable until prompted by the installer. If you are connecting to a network, make sure the network cable is connected before running the installer

• Turn on the printer.
  • Click the downloaded file. The files will be extracted and the installation process will automatically start.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with and complete the installation.
When the installation has completed. Reboot and try again to use the printer.
Please post with a ful report including any messages if things do not go right.
I followed the steps but came across the message of the attachment and stopped there

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That message would normally be received, if you failed to uninstall the drivers first OR you missed the message to reconnect the USB on the install of the software
OR of course if the printer was not turned on.

From my previous post

• Turn on the printer.

americamba

I tried again following all your instructions up to the point of getting the same error screen "cannot find device" that I sent to you previously. This time I moved on but I don't remember exactly what I did but I got to a point where it said driver installed correctly. I cheered and tried to print a file but I got the message in the attached screeshot. Is this progress? Thanks for your continued help.

Attachments

texasbullet

Ramon
I am not sure if this was already discussed or not but apologize if it was been already labeled. Have you tried this already.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
texasbullet
Well it was offered in post 51

americamba
Have you tried that as suggested post 51 and now mentioned again by my colleague texasbullet. If not please do so
Reboot after manking the changes recommended

IF THAT DOES NOT WORK
Try this please

cmd.exe - right click to execute as Administrator

type

cd\Windows\System32\spool

enter

type

cacls.exe PRINTERS /E /G administrator:C

The first cmd changes the cmd prompt to that entry eg windows spool etc.
the second cmd edits the permissions for the printer spool and that is the E
and grants them to you - that is the G

Last edited:

americamba

I did what was suggested. It seemed to be OK after restarting the spool on the services menu, it gave no error but when I tried to print something, I got the message of the screenshot "printresult" and then I clicked on the button to find printer and I get the screenshot "networkoff" . I don't remember taking off the printer? Should I install it again and start all over? Despite these results, I restarted (is that a reboot acc to your instructions?) and tried to print but I got the same error of sceenshot "printresult". I figured you would want to know the results before going to your "IF THAT DOES NOT WORK Try this please" suggestion. I hesitate to do this before hearing from you. Thanks for staying with me.

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
There is no printer shown on the screenshot - printresult
you are sending print cmd to OneNote
Click find printer
and if that does not find it go control panel
devices and printers and if it is shown there right click it and click set as default

If it is not shown there, try disconnecting printer
turn printer off
disconnect usb lead at computer
shut down computer
reboot computer and reconnect usb to another usb port.
see if notification is received re printer

americamba

There is no printer shown on the screenshot - printresult
you are sending print cmd to OneNote
Click find printer
and if that does not find it go control panel
devices and printers and if it is shown there right click it and click set as default

If it is not shown there, try disconnecting printer
turn printer off
disconnect usb lead at computer
shut down computer
reboot computer and reconnect usb to another usb port.
see if notification is received re printer
I installed the printer and tried to print but I get an "error state" popup message. Which of the several procedures should I run through again? Sorry for my obviously missing something. thanks again.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is the printer now showing in control panel
devices and printers
and if it is is it checked green to indicate default printerUntitled.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online