Same ole printer spooler problem

americamba

I went through these steps but still have the same failure.

Could the following mean something?

In step three, (the printer wizard) point #6 of the HP support page, it says to select port USB001 and then click next. However, this choice doesn't come up.

I will keep trying and keep you informed. Obviously, windows and HP have this covered but somehow either I am missing some essential step or my laptop is set in an error mode. Thanks for your help. Just checking in. I will go back over other options you suggested in previous posts.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Please see my screenshot
Untitled.png

Are you sure that clicking on the drop arrow shown by the right facing red arrow, there is not then a usb port shown by the upward facing arrow

americamba

I ran several runs with different outcomes, but no success. What does the attached screenshot tell us? Maybe this is the charmed way. What icon on the desktop?

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Unfortunately I have to surender.
It reports the device has NOT been connected to the computer - as you can see where it says double click device icon on desktop

As you know we are now on post 93 and all simply to connect a printer.
Please may I stress that it would not matter if we were on a 200 post couint, if I could see some way to progress this, but I regret I cannot
My very best wishes in solving it.

There are two notifications shown on your last attached report - have you checked in case one relates to the printer.,

After all the hours you have spent on this, I recommend you take the laptop and the printer to the local computer shop, not one of the giant multiples. It should cost no more than a few £s for him to connect and find the problem that you have, fixing it hands on should be very simple.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
americamba
May I repeat, as there appears to be some misunderstanding on your part - what I said in my post 94
Please may I stress that it would not matter if we were on a 200 post count, if I could see some way to progress this, but I regret I cannot
As I also mentioned in the personal conversation - I am not allowed to take control of your computer - all help MUST be in the forums
However an HP Support Assistant may be able to offer this support as a way of solving the issue.
The link to HP Support is
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp

but you will need to set that for access to support in your location.
As I said on post 94 and in reply to your conversation

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online