1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by Drabdr, May 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. ckphilli

ckphilli

Fair enough.

2. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

What about it is "unchristian"?

3. valis

valis Moderator

As Opus the Penguin so wisely opined so many years ago:

4. buffoon

buffoon

Get a sufficient number of those voting to agree on that and .......end of story.

5. Ent

"If a million penguins do a stupid thing, it's still a stupid thing. Just popular."

That is very true. Conversely, if a million penguins do something very clever, it's both clever and popular.

6. buffoon

buffoon

Brings us to the old adage of "eat manure, gazillions of flies cannot err";)

7. Ent

What constitutes "Christian" behavior is determined by Jesus, and no one else. To be Christian is to follow Jesus, to be like Jesus. Democracy doesn't feature in it. Again, what about it is unchristian?

8. Littlefield

Littlefield

Like those who voted in the 32 states where it was on the ballot each time and did not pass were unChristian :D

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...he-ballot-box/2012/05/09/gIQAzhlNDU_blog.html

9. buffoon

buffoon

and there lies the rub. Get a million penguins to do something popular and we still have to establish whether it's also clever or not.

I predict a variety of opinions, undoubtedly all backed by pertinent substantiation. All the way to it being clever to fall on your back when a plane flies overhead.:D

10. buffoon

buffoon

Democracy features, period.

To follow your stance would be abrogating democracy and I'm sure that's not what you're saying.

11. Ent

If anyone can give a sensible reason for that, sure. It's probably better than the Ostrich response of burying one's head in the sand. :D

Meanwhile, where can I get these penguins? I've been trying to draw a decent penguin for a while now, but couldn't get a model. :hopeful:

12. buffoon

buffoon

13. Ent

I'm saying that democracy has no place in determining what constitutes "christian" behavior. In governing a country it seems to be pretty much the best system we've found so far.

14. Littlefield

Littlefield

But it says something when 32 states do not have enough votes to pass gay marriage ;)

15. buffoon

buffoon

Well, for one thing, one has a heck of a hard time sighting that "ack-ack" while on one's belly.:D

Last I heard, they're all flat out.;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052692