1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung 17" LCD monitor Screen turns black on reboot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by luckydev, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckydev

luckydev Thread Starter

I have been using Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17" LCD monitor for about 2 years.
    I have Windows XP SP2 installed with UBuntu (installed with wubi).

Everytime I boot, the vendor screen first comes ( Lenovo) and then there is no display. The monitor power LED flashes
    continuously. Then, the first operating system in the boot menu loads up after sometime and till I get Windows XP loading
    screen, no display comes in the monitor and it is just black & the power LED flashes. Sometimes, I dont even
    get the Operating system loading screen. Its just black after the Vendor screen comes. Then I have to restart it using
    the button in CPU to reboot it again to see if everything works properly atleast in the next time.

What could be the problem. Is this a problem with monitor or operating system. Please help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/883692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice