1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Samsung 28'' U28E590D 4k monitor no settings???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pr0wler, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pr0wler

pr0wler Thread Starter

Whenever I try to adjust the settings for this monitor, I only have the option to change brightness. Contrast, samsung magic bright, colour etc. are all greyed out or say unavailable. Absolutely 0 customization available other than brightness.

But when I go to a YouTube video to check it out, the guy just turns it on and has full access to all of the colour features available.

I am using DisplayPort to connect the monitor, though I have also tried HDMI just for testing purposes and encountered the same issue.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    After looking at that monitor's manual (from link below) there are many settings that grey out other settings,

https://static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/118160.pdf

I would read the whole manual carefully and hopefully you will figure out what settings you need.

3. pr0wler

pr0wler Thread Starter

Great thanks. I should've mentioned I got this open box from online as well, perfectly packaged and everything but I guess the previous owner had the Gamer mode on. I was able to disable it and had access to the majority of the functions which is good enough for now. Will look into how to be able to use Samsung Magic Bright as that's the only thing missing but whatever it's way better now at least.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    You're welcome.

(If you don't want any further help please use the Mark Solved button at the top of your page).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice