1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung 960 Pro takes around 25 seconds to boot.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JosealonsoHM, Sep 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosealonsoHM

JosealonsoHM Thread Starter

I got my new pc, it is a intel 7700k, 1080, 2x8gb Trident z 3200mhz, and a 960 pro from samsung. Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Hero I install everything, all is good, i can play whatever i want and do what i want, but when my pc boot, it takes 20 to 25 seconds. I dont know what is the problem.
    BOOT.png

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Could be no problem at all.

Ref: https://pcpartpicker.com/blog/5/ssd-vs-hdd-boot-time-comparison

(boot time was 22 seconds)

Having said that, enter the BIOS and disable all unused services and ports. Everything disabled is one less thing that has to be verified during post and have drivers installed when the OS loads.

Aside from that, the OS and OS condition also play a part. Not all versions of Windows boot the same (ie: time it takes). And a fresh install of the OS is always faster than the OS after dozens of apps and games have been installed. Having devices connected to the PC (ie: external HDD's or thumbdrives) can affect boot time as well.

And some/most of that stuff doesn't need to be loaded at startup. With the exception of items such as AV components or hardware drivers, everything else isn't needed.

Most apps don't need a startup item to function properly. Steam, for example, I don't have in my startup. But I click on the Start icon to open Stream and it opens and works normally.

And you for sure don't need any app running to check for updates. CCleaner has an interface which will show you all of the startup items: Ref: https://www.piriform.com/docs/cclea...for-mac/managing-programs-that-run-on-startup

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

There are a few bios settings you might need to check/change;
    1 Since you have a M.2 drive, it should be installed in the M.2 2 slot and not the 1 slot. In addition, you can config this for 2x or 4x in the bios. 4x disables one of your sata ports so be sure you do not have a drive connected to the port that will be disabled
    2 You have a fast boot option that is under the boot section of the bios [must be in advanced mode] Be sure that is enabled
    3 Post delay time. You can select how many seconds POST is delayed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice