Samsung BD-F5700 Disc Player will not respond to remote

Grayrail

My Samsung BD-F5700 disc player stopped responding to the remote. It does work normally when I use the controls on the player. I haven't changed the location of the player, and I am using the remote from the same location as usual, about 10 feet away.

I tried the following:
replaced the batteries in the remote. I tested the new batteries with a voltmeter before installing, they're both good.

unplugged the player for about a 10 minute period

while the player was unplugged, held down multiple buttons on the remote for 3-4 minutes. Manual says this should drain the microprocessor and reset the remote.

after the 10 minute period plugged in the player and installed the fresh batteries in the remote.

No buttons on the remote worked, not even off/on.

Is there a way to determine if the problem is in the remote or the player? Do I have to junk the player and buy a new one?

Thanks,
Grayrail

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
About the only way I can think of is to try another remote. I see several on Amazon for about $6-7.

texasbullet

Ramon
You may want to try opening the old remote and try to clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol to see if that may work.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I bought a new remote and it's working. Thanks. Grayrail
Excellent! I love it when a plan comes together! ;-)

You can mark your thread as "Solved" using the button up near the title.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online