1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

samsung cd-rw/dvd drive + cakewalk pyro plus = death.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by minue.kitty, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minue.kitty

minue.kitty Thread Starter

;_______;

i think this would qualify as my stupidest moment ever. yup.

i'd done this before. reference this post: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/322107-cd-dvd-burner-drive-not-working-please-help-_.html

however, reinstalling the program shouldn't have been a problem, as the lowerfilters and upperfilters were deleted. that's what the site said that i found the original information on.

upon reinstallation, and perhaps it was because it'd been too long since i'd deleted them, cakewalk reinstalled both filters and made a backup of the upperfilters.

i.e., i had:
    lowerfilters
    upperfilters
    upperfilterscakewalkcopy

so, upon finding that i no longer could use any burning software, but like before my computer would read discs and still knew it had a cd drive, i went back to said post and did the steps over again.

except this time, it didn't work. o__o

after some struggling with it, i decided to delete the upperfilterscakewalkcopy as well. (i thought i'd done that originally, too.)

i reinstalled sonic (the original burning software that came with my laptop that i never took off) and took of pyro for good. but now, it still won't recognize the burning capabilities of my cdrom drive.

i have attached an image that includes the portion of the registry i'm talking about, for a good visual.

any help would be greatly appreciated, as the computer wouldn't allow me to simply restore it to a time right before my moment of stupidity.

Attached Files:

2. minue.kitty

minue.kitty Thread Starter

;__________; help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice