1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung Evo 960 250GB M.2 PCIe ssd

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by hann065, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hann065

hann065 Thread Starter

Hi. My new laptop will arrive soon. But the laptop comes with no operating system(it’s called dos). The laptop has a m.2 pcie nvme slot which i can add if i want to. So, i bought a samsung evo 960 pcie ssd. What i want to ask is can i straight away install windows 10 pro 64bit by using my samsung evo 960? Or i need to install windows 10 by using my usb(i’ve download the windows 10 setup files from official website).
    I want to boot my laptop using my samsung ssd since it’s much faster compared to hdd.
    Please help. Thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the brand name and model name and exact model number of your new laptop?

If your new laptop comes with FreeDOS and you plan to install Windows 10 Pro 64-bit in it, how do you plan to activate it and make it legal?

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. hann065

hann065 Thread Starter

It’s lenovo y520. I dont know the model number since the laptop has not arrived yet.
    I have download the windows 10 files from the official website and im going to install windows 10 from my usb. I have a legit windows 10 product key which i will type it when system ask me for the product key during the installation process

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm guessing you purchased a Lenovo Legion Y520 model laptop.
    From what I can determine from the U.S. site, that model laptop comes with Windows 10 64-bit, so I'm a bit surprised yours comes with FreeDOS.
    What country did you purchase it in?

---------------------------------------------------------------

5. hann065

hann065 Thread Starter

Malaysia

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice