1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung Galaxy S4 may ship with unbreakable display

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by TechSocial, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechSocial

TechSocial TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media Thread Starter

All the rumors point to the Galaxy S4 smartphone arriving in April 2013. We’ve also got a pretty good idea of what to expect in terms of the core components: a 5-inch 1080p display, quad-core processor, 13MP camera, and LTE out the box. But one feature that may also come as standard is an unbreakable screen.

Today’s smartphone displays crack and break because they use glass, which is rather fragile. However, research and development is being carried out to try and replace the glass substrate with plastic, and in the process add that unbreakable property.

Read More

2. pochtd0

pochtd0

Yup, I think it's going to be Gorilla Glass 3 which Corning presented at CES 2013. There is a demo on YouTube, search it if you want, where you can see exactly how strong this display is. The guy drops a metal ball on it and nothing happens :).
    Also, I don't know if you know but there is a leaked photo out there :D Hope it will look like this, I like the no Home button design. Can't wait!

3. lili5689

lili5689

wow,i have to admit,samsung really did a very excellent job in the these years,especially in the smartphone field. I am an Apple fans before,I bought iphone 3 and iphone 4s,but now,after the release of iphone 5,I bought samsung n7100... I love Apple iphone,but samsung smartphone is also very amazing.

4. JohnAlpha

JohnAlpha

5. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    It's all relative; of course you can't build an iron-man suit out of smart phones (it will probably have a warning on somewhere just in case anyone's dumb enough to try), but a display that just doesn't shatter if it's dropped or stepped on is significantly more "unbreakable" than the current generation. If I understand it correctly, the new approach is to look for more flexible displays instead of rigid glass, so that they bend (and bend back) instead of breaking. Of course a 12 gauge would go straight through it, but bulletproof phones aren't exactly in popular demand.

6. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082552

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice