1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Messaging Problem

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by ThePrussianFox, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePrussianFox

ThePrussianFox Thread Starter

Hello. Recently over the past few days, my Samsung Galaxy S4 has been sporadically sending messages to my friends. The messages appear to be sent on my end, however they are either not received or are received at a much delayed rate (sometimes upwards to a whole day later). More often than not, the message that does not go through will never be received; rarely do the messages appear later. I myself cannot tell if this is a random occurrence or if it is linked to anything specific. Messages still send, just few do not. This has been the case over all of my contacts. I have attempted to clear out any unneeded apps and i have wiped most of my previous conversations to see if that was interfering. Finally I went to my local Verizon store in hopes of solving the problem. They provided me with a new SIM card and a different messaging app in hopes to fix it. I was advised to return in order to factory reset my phone if the problem persisted. As of today, I reset my phone and the problem is still occurring.

2. vembutech

vembutech Banned

Have you tried that sim with other phone check with other and see whether this occurs again if so then network problem and if not then the phone issue.

3. ThePrussianFox

ThePrussianFox Thread Starter

Thank you for responding. Yes, i have tried to see if it was my SIM and/or other's SIM cards. Sadly, nothing has changed. I have noticed something recently; there is about 1/3 of the messages being lost on average. Also, just yesterday I was told that messages only appear to be received once the person i send them to look at the message. I have no idea if any of that helps. Might I ask what you may mean by "phone issue"?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice