Samsung galaxy S7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sueh12

About 1 year ago my virgin sim suddenly went haywire I can barely get a signal from my virgin network, out of service area, no network connection, I have to walk around the house just to get a dot of a signal so I can use my phone I have reset network settings and after numerous phone calls to virgin the problem still exists, I have tried the sim card in various unlocked phones with the exact same problem, virgin claims its tower repairs, and a whole lot of nonsense, I have had the sim card replaced 4 times now and still the problem exists, it works fine in other area's but where I live zilch, also my sister has the same phone as me and when she comes to my house her phone acts the same too, I have listened to all the instructions when phoning them on my land line because both of us cannot phone on our S7 due to no signal. I cannot get a straight answer from virgin. Have run round in circles trying to get a better phone signal with them to no avail. They claim on their maps to have a very good signal to my area but I can't get one. TS6 0SX HAVE TRIED 3G 2G still won't work, is there any possible way you can help me with this please, thank you.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
So can I presume you are in the Redcar - etc Cleveland area of the UK
As it is now nearly a year, one may presume that it is not a signal fault in your area from the mobile mast - wherever that is.
Presumably it is certainly not your phone, as you say your sister expereinces the same.

If it WAS a problem with the signal from the mast one would expect that Virgin would have received lots of complaints and sorted the porblem by now.
I presume you are aware of the Virgin chnage from EE to Vodaphone
Weak Signal Constantly - Virgin Media Community - 4627307

IF you are sure you have eliminated any possibility of it being a Virgin issue then
I suspect it is other equipment in your house or nearby interfering with the mobile signal
Only as an example - see this
Can Wifi interfere with mobile signal? - The giffgaff community

Please be aware that two items of equipment - one the Galaxy S7 and other equipment do NOT have to be on the same frequency to cause interference.
There have been instances of faulty satellite installations causing mobile phone signal problems

I suggest you start by turning off the AC supply at the consumer unit and then testing the mobile signal OR you may try disconnecting all devices that use any manner of wireless signals

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online