Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsung Galaxy4 compatibility issues with Macbook

629 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TonyB25 
#1 ·
Please help ~ I need some advice!
2 years ago, I switched to an Android phone after feeling frustrated with Apple, but I still have a Macbook Pro on which to download and share from.
I use the device mainly as a phone and a camera, and the memory has filled up fast.
The Samsung program designed to download pictures, music and videos compatible with is called Kies. Recently they changed that to Samsung Smartswitch. Neither are great programs at all. To be expected.
At the moment the problem is, every time I go to pull any pictures or videos off my phone onto my computer, the phone freezes up. I have opened up lots of memory and downloaded the new Smartswitch program but still the phone is crashing. Every time I speak to Samsung the only advice they have is to reboot the phone, take out the battery and re-download the program... & I've done that 6 times now!
I'm used to my Apple laptop and haven't had anything but Apple in a decade and now, I'm afraid that Apple might be the problem ~ not sure.
(I need help ~ I'm a single mum with a toddler. All of her pictures on on this phone, and/or stored on an outdated program that I cannot easily access, that crashes all the time, and that I do NOT trust at all, located somewhere on my Macbook. I don't have much spare time to research this complicated stuff and in the meantime I keep being up-sold by commissioned salesmen. I have never before been so frustrated with technology! :-( can someone out there help me?)
PLEASE ADVISE: What should I do? (What would you do?)
A) get a new iPhone, with a new camera that is definitely compatible with my Mac? or,
B) get a laptop or tablet ~ NOT a Mac ~ & then re-download of all my pictures and videos onto a computer that recognizes the Android phone?
New phone may be cheaper... it's Christmas, it's already lean times around here... I need this problem gone.
All I want is to access my pictures.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.