1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung HLT5076S no picutre

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Filmar, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filmar

Filmar Thread Starter

Yesterday I found my DLP on with no image or sound and three leds flashing on the front of the unit. I only stepped out of the room for a short while. I couldn't power down the tv with the remote or with the power button. I pulled the power cord and let the device sit for a few hours.

I plugged power back, and the TV turned back on without the need to press any buttons (remote or side power button). The lamp light flashes about 18 times and I hear the normal start-up chime, along with the slight high pitched noise I hear whenever the device turns on correctly.

after these 18 blinks all three lights flash and the device power cycles and tries this sequence again. I have no illumination through my vents and I see no bulb lights at all. The front of my tv does have a light that comes on though (external to lighten "Samsung").

I've read some reviews that state this is the bulb, but others have had the same issue and replacing their bulb didn't work.

Are there any ways to identify the bulb is the issue, before I purchase a replacement? Do I need just the bulb or should the entire housing unit with bulb?

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice