1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung Laptop Freezing/Not Responding

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Optim, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Optim

Optim Thread Starter

Samsung 17.3" Series 3 Notebook
    Model Number: NP305E7A-AO2US

I'm not sure what information to give besides that.

It will freeze up and not respond whenever I try to use the internet, go to pictures/documents/music, or click the start menu. Sometimes if I wait (longest time waited so far is 30 minutes) it will start again, only to freeze a little while later. I ran my antivirus software and tried troubleshooting any problems. I have not visited any new sites or downloaded any new software that could cause a problem. It has been doing this for about 2 days now. I tried backing up my files but it ran into an error. Any other information that you need, just tell me,

2. Hingle

Hingle Banned

From Elevated Command type:

Hit enter. Type y at the prompt hit enter, type shutdown -r hit enter.

[​IMG]

3. Optim

Optim Thread Starter

I'm not sure what to do?

Every time I try to it freezes up?

4. Optim

Optim Thread Starter

It popped up, but went before I could type anything?

5. Hingle

Hingle Banned

Can you boot the machine into Safe Mode at all?

6. Optim

Optim Thread Starter

I held down the power button and put it in Safe Mode. What now?

7. Hingle

Hingle Banned

Perform a clean startup and see if you can boot into windows normally.Just do this after you run the check disk from safe mode.

8. Optim

Optim Thread Starter

It let me get about 10 minutes of use before it froze up, which is an improvement.

9. Hingle

Hingle Banned

Did you run the check disk and how long are you able to run in safe mode?

If you are freezing up in safe mode, then we might be looking at a hardware issue, if you run fine in safe mode and are obviously freezing in normal mode we are looking at malware.

10. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    in safe mode click START, then type into the search box CMD. At the top of the search results you will see the command program RIGHT CLICK it and select run as administrator. Then in the command prompt type CHKDSK /R (NOTE the space between the K and the /.) See if this allows you to run it completely.

11. Optim

Optim Thread Starter

I cannot get on the internet in safe mode. It froze up when I was trying to open my picture folder, but quickly let me move my mouse around again. It let me type in y, and then the window just disappeared.

I did the CMD and it took me to a screen that says preparing security options.

12. Hingle

Hingle Banned

Since you are having freezing in safemode, it seems that you are having a heat or hardware issue.

I would suggest you re seat the HDD and ram, also clean the fan with compressed air, there are many videos on Youtube that detail the subject

13. Optim

Optim Thread Starter

Okay. Thank you for all the help!

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1119347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice