Samsung M3 HDD Windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nigrior

Windows 10 was unable to access my Samsung HDD due to corruption issues so with the aid of "FindandMount" I rescued all the data and reformatted the drive. What files (if any) do I need to add to the drive to restore its functionality?

My thanks in advance for any help offered. May I just add that I am at an advanced age and absolutely no sort of techie.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N4200 @ 1.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 92 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3920 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 905 GB (733 GB Free); D: 24 GB (23 GB Free); F: 465 GB (465 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO, LNVNB161216
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you've reformatted the drive and Windows can see it, there won't be any need to install additional files to get the drive working.

nigrior

If you've reformatted the drive and Windows can see it, there won't be any need to install additional files to get the drive working.
Thank you, lochlomonder. That's rather what I suspected but it's good to have it confirmed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online