Samsung ML-2850 Laser paper jams

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

daSpud

My ML-2850 has developed the habit of jamming paper. Usually the first page will get a slight nick in the top edge about 1.5" from the left edge. Then the next page jams with a bigger nick in the same spot. The problem is slightly less severe if the manual straight in paper feed is used.

There are no paper clips of other loose things in there that I can find. Stock stiffer than paper goes through no problem and no nicks.

I am wondering if it is a case of the rollers on one side being less effective at advancing the paper and so causing the leading edge to get twisted up and rise to catch a printer part. Sometimes the problem is only on the first sheet. Other times no matter what I do it jams.

Any suggestions as to what to look for are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

daSpud

.. Usually the first page will get a slight nick in the top edge about 1.5" from the left edge. Then the next page jams with a bigger nick in the same spot. The problem is slightly less severe if the manual straight in paper feed is used....
I got it backwards. As you can see from the photo (using slightly heavier paper) the nick gets less with later pages.

Couriant

James
It may be the pick up rollers but then you have rollers in the fused too.

I am not familiar with that model but if you haven’t replace rollers before and the model has CRUs to replace them I would suggest starting there

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online