1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung monitor issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cgal, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cgal

Cgal Thread Starter

I was uploading pics to FB and walked away, I came back to a black screen with a floating bubble that said "samsung monitor not optimum mode recommended mode: 1180x1024" however no buttons on the monitor work nor the keyboard. I tried to turn off then on and get the same message as well as unplugging the monitor-NOTHING! I am on an iPod now! Help!

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Hi and welcome to TSG!!

What type of PC and what Operating System are you running? Often you can hit <F8> just after the POST and pull up a boot menu. You may get an option to boot into VGA mode and be able to set the resolution once booted. It will look funny, everything will be LARGE until you get it set properly and, probably, rebooted.

3. Cgal

Cgal Thread Starter

Hi there! Thanks for getting back to me. As you can see, I'm finally back on. I unplugged the monitor and tried it again and it worked but then it didn't...you know the drill. I have a Frankenstein puter that a friend built. It has Vista as an OS. I can try the f8 thing but what do you mean after the POST? I turn my computer on and everything SOUNDS like it is booting correctly, but the monitor like I said stays black with a square blip giving me that message. Next time I turn it on, I'll try f8! Thanks again, I'll try to keep you posted!

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Is it black from power up on? Or do you get anything on the screen before it goes black?

5. Cgal

Cgal Thread Starter

Black from power up on. Press my little blue ON button, computer runs...monitor black from beginning, everything is happening behind the black, and outta the 3 times this has happened, there is that floating message box. It hasn't happened in two days, yay me! Now I just jinxed myself, didn't I? Thanks for your interest btw!

6. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Keep us posted. <fingers crossed>

7. Regalty

Regalty

Hey greiz ! I happened to google "samsung monitor issues" and i came to this thread and you seem quite knowledgeable, so i thought maybe you could help me. My monitor works fine and everything, except for when I run a certain game. I play other games from the same company, but for this one game the screen goes black. It goes black with nothing but a floating box in the air that says "not optimum mode" etc. How do i get rid of it ? Please help !

8. Regalty

Regalty

nevermind i just found out the issue...apparently it's an incompatibility issue between the game and my monitor. -sigh-...so i'mma try getting the game in window mode

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029820

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice