Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsung notebook charging on and off

1K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Can someone help me fix my problem? Pls?

I don't know what is the problem and how to solve it but.. my laptop is charging on and off when it is turned on.. but if i turned my laptop off it charges continuously. And also the ac adaptor sounds like electric or something..

Any help or solution will be appreciated..

Thank you :)

#2 ·
Can someone help me fix my problem? Pls?

I don't know what is the problem and how to solve it but.. my laptop is charging on and off when it is turned on.. but if i turned my laptop off it charges continuously. And also the ac adaptor sounds like electric or something..

Any help or solution will be appreciated..

Thank you :)

#6 ·
First remove the battery then plug in the adapter and plug it into the wall. Turn on the laptop. Is the adaptor making the same noise? (This is trying to isolate the problem between the battery and the adaptor; by removing the battery, we are looking at one thing - the adaptor).

If it is making the noise, there could be one of two things wrong: the adaptor might need to be replaced or the port where the adaptor plugs in might need to be replaced.

Please post the exact model of your Samsung notebook so someone can see how the charging port is attached to the motherboard. Some snap out while others are soldered.

#9 · (Edited)
Sure it can. It is not easy but it can be removed. You have to replace a battery when it fails to hold a charge which can be anywhere from 2 to about 5 years. (longer, if you are lucky)

6 minute mark, after the hard drive removal, the battery is the large black unit next to the hard drive.

He doesn't discuss the charging port so I'll go looking for a manual to see if it is soldered or not.

Does your charger look like this?
https://www.amazon.com/replacement-NP700Z5C-S04US-NP700Z7C-S01UB-NP700Z7CH-Attachment/dp/B00H9ZM52K

The charging port has 3 solder points. here is a replacement
https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Np700z3a-Np700z5a-Np700z5b-Np700z5c/dp/B00PB53YJI

Truthfully, I wouldn't trust myself to desolder the old port and solder a new one in its place.

If you put the adapter in and move it around, can you keep the charging light lit?

#14 ·
Try charging it to 100% then make a note of the time and disconnect the power cable and see how long it runs that way until it switches off. That will show if the battery is ok or not.

#16 ·
If the battery only lasts a short time in the test I suggested then you will have to replace the battery any way. I have no way of knowing if that will correct the charging problem in advance.

#18 ·
Since the battery will charge when the laptop is off I think the charger and the charging circuit inside the laptop are working properly. That just leaves the battery itself as the probable culprit, the test should help to confirm it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.