1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung Plasma FP-T5094W will not power on?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by ucsutah, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ucsutah

ucsutah Thread Starter

Hi,

I have had a Samsung Plasma FP-T5094W for about 4 years now and for about 2 or 3 months i have been having problems with it with no power. I figured out the problem it was a fuse that was blown on the power supply (BN44-00175A). Its the fuse just above the AC Power Input. I replace that fuse and it works for about a month and then it blows again. I tried to find a service manual for this TV but didn't have any luck. I checked all the caps and they seem to be fine. Any easy suggestions i should try first? I can just replace the fuse each time but its just a temporary fix.

thanks for your help

2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Hello there! The only thing I can think of is getting an amp clamp and testing amperage.

Not sure what kind of light source is used. But if it is getting weak, it will Increase the resistance (and amperage).

3. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice