1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung R710 not charging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Argonauth, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argonauth

Argonauth Thread Starter

yesterday my laptop suddenly started smelling burn and acid. I checked the temperature which was ok and quickly turned off the computer. afterwards I restarted it to make backups. The smell was gone and I managed to identify the origin in the power jack.

The laptop was really in need of some cleaning so I opened it to check it out, got to the power jack and it wasn't loose or anything, so I wonder what might have happened.

Is my guess right? is it really the power jack?

In the end of the day the good thing was that my screen stopped screening and what I guessed was an inverter or back light malfunction turned to be a bad contact.

2. UserBarZero

UserBarZero

Very glad you made backups to another data storage device o.o Burning and acid is very bad for comps lol...
    It could be the plastic melting somehow or the battery leaking..? doom

You could take it to a computer repair shop and see if they will look it over for cheap or free (then they will probably suggest a price for fixing maybe) I'm not sure how repair shops operate.
    Or take pics and show us I guess; I can't help you with that but others might be able too.

3. Argonauth

Argonauth Thread Starter

No mate, the laptop still runs smoodly on battery, is just the Power jack or something related with it.
    Also de AC adpator seams to be working fine. I just second opimioms in the case of being something else. Anyway I already orderd the power jack 2£ on ebay.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice