1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250gb

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JohnO28356, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnO28356

JohnO28356 Thread Starter

I've been looking at some of the features in Samsung Magician, and ran the Benchmark test twice. Both times I got very high scores, above the max listed in the program for all 4 tests. I have the drive set to MAXIMUM RELIABILITY. Just wondering about the scores reliability.

Scores in Parentheses are Samsung 's listed maximum high:

Sequential Read
    549 mb (540)
    Seq write
    532mb (520)
    Random read
    97442 (97000)
    Random write
    70189 (66000)

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Benchmarks are artificial at best [and a benchmark from the mfg is tailored to that particular piece of hardware] I would think you would get different results using a another benchmark program such as ATTO.

In short do not put too much emphasis on any given benchmark. Modern ssd drives are reliable and it should last for quite a while so I would not worry about the drive.

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

I have an EVO 1tb, and wouldnt trust magician. It gave me stupidly high results that even exceeded what I go t or my MPlextor 256Gb drive.

I do not know what Magician is quoting, but it is definitely not the actual speed. It would seem to be related to the optimisation module- if you optimise, the speeds go through the roof. I just tried pre optimisation, and it dropped to 404/344 (against my plextor at 776/566) which sounds about right.

4. JohnO28356

JohnO28356 Thread Starter

I tried ATTO as crjdriver suggested, and the results were within a few MB. As long as I'm happy with what I'm getting I don't care what tests show, was just checking out the Samsung CD.

I've got an identical drive on the way from Newegg to speed up loading of FSX. Hopefully it will be worth it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1136523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice