1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung Syncmaster 216BW - Stuck in Power Saving Mode!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by van_canuck, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. van_canuck

van_canuck Thread Starter

I came home today and found my Samsung Syncmaster 216BW in power save mode (blank screen, power button blinking) and it won't come out of it. I've tried everything I can think of, including trying it on my other pc and it still just flashes with no picture. Its not the refresh rate or resolution as these settings have been fine since I first installed it. I've tried rebooting and re-inserting the cables a number of times without any luck, and the power turning off/on and hitting keys does nothing. None of the menu buttons on the actual monitor itself do anything either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Searching the net, others seem to have had similar issues with other samsung monitors.

2. knucklehead

knucklehead

3. van_canuck

van_canuck Thread Starter

Yeah I've tried doing that a number of times but the test won't come up.

4. tonewarior

tonewarior

Someone suggested switching the ram around. It worked!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/686191