Samsung Syncmaster 930b - No DVI cables?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Soiled

so I buy this beauty new flat panel/LCD/analog/digital Monitor today, only to get it outta the box to find and analog cable but no DVI cable.

now, before I bought it the dude at the store showed me it had a DVI jack right beside the VGA one. "DVI Cable Sold Seperate" isnt anywhere on the box/website or anywhere.

just curious now if I am to venture out and buy a DVI cable so I can use this monitors digital qualities, how much am I lookin at spending? and are there different type of DVI connetions I should be aware of? (I hope its a standard thing and all DVI stuff fits)

anyhow, thanx for any tips.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The cable is pretty standard for PC monitors. Look in the manual and see if they have a list of items supplied, that should list the DVI cable if it's supposed to be there.

Soiled

No, I checked that 'manual' (more like a little insert) and the stuff it lists:

- monitor and stand
- Power cord
- Driver Disc
- Warranty
- the quick setup guide.

come to think of it, I guess I got a free analog conneting cable.. SCORE!!!!
lol

.... so, my local PC shop should sell these cables then? never really checked into this before.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
They should, though you might have to mail-order. My only DVI monitor came with the cable, so I've never actually shopped for one. I noticed them at the local MicroCenter store, but it was only a passing glance. :)

Soiled

I found one at futureshop.
and holy crap the quality is even more nuts now, I cant believe this.

I dont believe the computer shops will have many of these cables instock,
after checking 3 computer shops, they recommended I check out a
futureshop/bestbuy type store.... then the guy there took me to the TV
section and gave me exactly what I was looking for.

so there you have it, since Hi Def TV's are basically big monitors and both
have DVI connections, a TV store is the place to go.

cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online