Samsung TV - Remote Control Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dcc171

I have a Samsung 27" TV that I got from a friend who lost the remote. I have purchased and used numerous Universal remote controls and unless I hold the remote at a perfect angle, changing the channels and the volume is impossible. I'm trying to determine if it's a problem with the remote control sensor, or if I were to buy an exact replacement remote from Samsung if that would solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Just curious....why are you posting this TV/Remote question on a PC Forum? Personally I would have used the Equestrian Forum.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Sounds to me like the IR receiver is partially blind …
Perhaps the diode is misaligned behind the window or maybe the window is dirty ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!