1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung upgrading problem

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by bj25, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bj25

bj25 Thread Starter

My Samsung Galaxy Centura shows on the screen " Android in upgrading, Optimizing application 1 of 1." It has been doing so for hours. To turn the phone off I have to remove the battery. When I turn it on again it goes right to the uploading screen.I can not use the phone at all.
    Thank you.

2. DanielLim

DanielLim

Have you tried resetting your phone? I used to have Samasung Galaxy, I reset my phone by doing long press on the power button and the volume up button.

After resetting your phone, I suggest that you do the updates by connecting your phone to your computer. Based on experience this is more reliable than doing the update via your smartphone.

Hope this helps.

3. renegade600

renegade600

you can try the following but only do so if all else fails

Turn off the device
    Remove the battery about 10 second and reinsert, remove sim card and sd card
    Press and hold Volume Up button and Power Button simultaneously till the screen turns up and Samsung logo blinks for two times.
    Then release the power key but keep the Volume Up key pressed till you see Android system recovery screen.
    select wipe data / factory reset using Volume Down key to highlight.
    Press home key.
    select reboot system now
    Press home key.

Warning! All data will be erased from device memory, including system and application data, settings and downloaded applications. Back up your important data. The device will restore to factory settings.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145737

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice