1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung V25 hard drive dead?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by onehungup, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. onehungup

onehungup Thread Starter

Hi I have a Samsung V25 P4 2.4Ghz with a 30Gb Toshiba Hard drive that is not being recognised anymore when i try to boot up the hard drive light stays on and then I get the message "Operating System not found" . So far I have looked in the BIOS to make sure everything is as it should be (primary master to auto?) but it says in the BIOS nothing is detected. Ive also tried a couple of HD diagnostic tools but they also say no IDE device detected so no go there, then I tried removing the hard drive and reseating it but this had no effect, is my hard drive fried or is there anything else I can try?

TIA

(y)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sounds like the drive is dead. You could try it in another computer to be sure.

You can get replacements failry cheap. Look at www.pricewatch.com for prices.

3. onehungup

onehungup Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. One more question can i try it in my desktop pc without doing any damage to anything?

*edit* Im in the UK does anybody know anywhere in the UK that does replacement drives.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. onehungup

onehungup Thread Starter

Thanks again for your advice Triple6, hopefully someone from the UK can point me in the right direction as im not havin much luck with google.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/294732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice