samsung warranty question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mgoblue424

how does samsung generally handle warranty issues? for smaller gadgets?

i have a 5gb mp3 player from them (yh-820 i believe). the battery life stinks, and now the screen seems to stay semi-on, with a faint blue glow even when off. and a few other minor screen problems too. the darn thing has driven me nuts since day one. shoulda gone with an ipod.....

but i saw they have a new flashbased player coming out next month. and my warranty is goof through the end of march. any chance they replace the old player with one of those? i know, alot to ask. but i can dream, right?

mgoblue424 said:
how does samsung generally handle warranty issues? for smaller gadgets?

i have a 5gb mp3 player from them (yh-820 i believe). the battery life stinks, and now the screen seems to stay semi-on, with a faint blue glow even when off. and a few other minor screen problems too. the darn thing has driven me nuts since day one. shoulda gone with an ipod.....

but i saw they have a new flashbased player coming out next month. and my warranty is goof through the end of march. any chance they replace the old player with one of those? i know, alot to ask. but i can dream, right?

Your rights will depend on the country you are in but your warranty issues (in most countries) exist only for the product you have purchased. In the case the product needs replacement (usually the case for small items such as that) then the supplier can opt to replace it with a better (later) model if one exists, but does not have to.

Your issue is not however likely to be direct with Samsung but with the seller of the product in most cases, who in turn will deal with the wholesaler, who will deal with Samsung.

mgoblue424

cool. thanks. i got it at a warehouse club, so maybe i should check with them. however, i entered the serial number on samsungs site, and they verified its under warranty, and whatnot. thanks for the info though!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online