1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Samsung x11 laptop won't start...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by huff_diggler, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. huff_diggler

huff_diggler Thread Starter

Hi, i have a problem with my samsung x11 laptop model no: NP-X11 l

:confused:the problem is this, whilst updating windows, my dog ran past the table the laptop was sat on and pulled the power cord out, causeing the machine to cut out, the battery is dead too, now when i switch it back on the lights for the k/lock, n/lock and fn/lock and hd are all on, powerlight comes on, battery is trying(and failing) to charge, and you can hear the hd powering up. but thats it, no display, no cmos starting, nothing:( any clues would be greatly appreciated :D(y)

2. thedancingman432

thedancingman432

Does your computer show a BIOS at all?
    If not, you have to replace your MB.
    However, if you get a BIOS screen then it means that your OS is messed up, since it was halfway though an update and all the effected components are missing software from the Update, since update does need to delete software to update it.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

A working laptop with a working battery will not immediately power off when the power cord is disconnected. If the cord was yanked out of the power jack on the laptop at an odd angle or something, and it immediately powered off, that would indicate serious hardware damage, but that doesn't really line up with just the power cord coming out.

Did the laptop fall to the floor, perhaps?

4. huff_diggler

the battery has had it, won't hold charge, and my dog ran to the window to get at the post man, as he did he got the power cable caught in his legs and it pulled out of the socket, so yep lost power straight away, did't drop it.(y)

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Something had to have shorted out for it to no longer even power up to post.

It looks to be more than a few years old, so it isn't worth repairing.

6. huff_diggler

Still quite a good laptop, ok so it runs xp pro. And is not so cutting edge, but as a Internet machine, it's quality, so it's only core duo, xp runs on a abacus it's only manufacturers tell you what you should have. It's on eBay as a non runner so I'm not that fussed either, thanks for your positive help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1007939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice