1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sandboxie causing crashes

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hibiscus, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hibiscus

hibiscus Thread Starter

I had used sandboxie for almost 7 months with my old laptop with no problems whatsoever. Great little program. I just bought a new laptop (still running Windows XP) that was working fine until I installed sandboxie. Now it crashes a number of times a day. I tried uninstalling (then no crashes) and then reinstalling sandboxie and the same thing happens. I also tried doing all the windows updates, driver updates etc. and nothing helps. I really love the sandoxie program (it's fast, efficient and takes up very little disk space) and would hate to have to remove it permanently. Any suggestions?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

There are a number of virtualization programs available that are as good as SBIE, but if you really want that one, try an earlier version. It sounds like a driver conflict of some sort. The alternative is to look for updates for your other drivers, especially sound and graphics. A newer driver there may remove the problem.

3. hibiscus

hibiscus Thread Starter

thanks, but I already updated all the drivers. I have researched all the sandbox programs and sandboxie is far and away the best free one (it is better than most of the ones you have to pay for). any other suggestions?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

If the driver is not compatible, then there is nothing that can be done to make it that way. You could check that it is being allowed by DEP and try running it in compatibility mode, but drivers are affected little by these changes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice