1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sandisk Cruzer Flash Drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by raybro, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

I've got some data stored on a 4GB Sandisk Flash drive I've had for a couple of years. Nothing critical, but I'd like to get it back. One day it was working and then it wasn't. I didn't drop it or damage it in any way I'm aware of. When I plug it into the USB port, no light on the device nor any indication of the usual systray icon that an external device has been connected. Just to be complete, I checked in Windows Explorer and sure enough, it's not there.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Raybro

Sorry, I thought I was in the Hardware forum... Moderator, please move it if you so desire.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2

Have the same situation on SOME of the USB ports on my machine. Try another and it might make a better connection.

3. jls242424

jls242424 Banned

I've also had bad experiences with Sandisk flash drives to. I've since switched to Kingston http://i41.tinypic.com/2vx2bn4.jpg with no problems so far. Try different USB ports if available. It might be your USB and not the Sandisk or keep trying it and it might come back to life. Got this on sale for $23 at eCost.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/2cdiaew.jpg

4. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Tried ALL USB ports , including those on an attached powered USB hub. Also tried unit in another computer. No joy, It's toast... :( :mad:

Oh well... As I said, nothing critical, just irritating and frustrating.

jls242424... I'll checkout the Kingston device, Thanks.

Raybro

5. hrlow2

hrlow2

(blowing Taps)
    Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Happens to all of us.

6. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Just cruzing (pun intended) through Costco yesterday and noticed they have a 3 pack of 4GB Sandisk Cruzer flash drives for, as I recall :confused: , $19.95. Same type of unit that failed on me. It occurs to me I could store the same data on 2 units which would then function as a backup. I might go with that, sure can't beat the price in anything I've looked at on line.

Raybro

7. hrlow2

hrlow2

Just last week,Wal-Marts here had an 8GB SanDisk Cruzer for $14.95.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/822328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice