1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SanDisk memory stick card problem!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grommo, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grommo

grommo Thread Starter

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SanDisk Memory Stick Duo magic gate 128mb memory card, for my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone...
    (I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but i'll still post it here, cuz you guys are the best help a man can get XD)

It all began when i was dumb enough to remove the memory stick while my phone was turned on. The next time I tried to access the files on the memory stick through my cellphone, they were not there! I started the camera function and it said "memory stick not formatted". So now i can't use my memory stick anymore :( PLEASE HELP! :p

2. Sponsor

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

Does it offer you the option to format it? Look thru the menu's. If not you may be able to also reformat it thru a computer.

4. grommo

grommo Thread Starter

Well there is nothing on the cellphone such as "format memory stick" or anything ... but how do i reformat through a computer?
    Im also thinking about reseting my entire cellphone, but would that help?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

6. grommo

grommo Thread Starter

ok thanks, but how do i connect the san disk to my computer?? :) or do i do it through connecting the phone?

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

If you don't have a card reader on you computer, then the only way that it could be done is by connecting it with the phone and hopefully it appears as a removable drive in My Computer or Disk Management.

8. grommo

grommo Thread Starter

I tried that, but unfortunately it didnt work =( I used a Sony Ericsson software called "file manager", and that one finds it but diskmanger and my computer doesn't =((

Ive found several softwares that formats memory sticks, but i lack a memory stick thingy for my computer, i guess ill have to buy one.... =(

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

And File Manager doesn't allow you to re-format it?

On a side note these cards aren't that expensive.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/516262