1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sandisk SDDR 91 - XP Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jdirden, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdirden

jdirden Thread Starter

I just converted from Win 98 to Win XP. My old Sandisk CF I/II card reader wouldn't install correctly under XP, so I bought an SDDR 91.

Guess what, it won't install either! It's supposed to be totally "Plug and Pray" with XP.

Has anyone else tried it? Is there a good USB I/II CF card reader for Win XP?

2. ShadedNine

ShadedNine

First make sure the port you're plugging your card reader into is powered (yep, it's obvious, but it's amazing how easy it is to sometimes miss these things), because you shouldn't be having any problems at all. Try uplugging and then redoing the connection as well, you should be hearing a sound which is XP's signal that it's found the device, and then it should be working, with a card in it, you should see an extra drive listed in My Computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!