1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sandisk USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vonb, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vonb

vonb Thread Starter

I have just bought a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB Flash Drive. Blurb on front of package says "access on any PC" - small print on back (not seen initially) gives system requirements as "Windows 2000, XP, Linux.
    I have 3 computers, 2 on XP, 1 on 98SE(not linked). I need to transfer data from the XP machines to the 98SE machine but that machine does not recognise the USB drive and I have had no luck trying to download apparently suitable drivers. The 98SE machine is used to drive an engraving machine and it would cost many hundreds of dollars to convert this setup to XP - far more than the Flash Drive!
    Vendor will not take it back as packaging was opened (impossible to try it without doing so!).
    Help would be appreciated.

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Have you looked on the web site to see if Windows 98 drivers are available?

Next, Windows 98 will run a CD burner just fine. Have you thought of that idea?

Next, Have you thought of removing the hard disk from the Windows 98 system and installing it temporarily into the XP system to transfer your files?. The XP system will need to have built-in connections for PATA drives, the type that uses the 40-pin ribbon cable connector. Some newer systems support SATA and PATA and some support only SATA.

Depending on your particular XP systems, yours may support only PATA, which would be a good thing in your case.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice