1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sansa and Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by joelwd77, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joelwd77

joelwd77 Thread Starter

I have been using my Sansa Mp3 player with Windows Media Player for awhile with no problems. For some reason when I plug in my Sansa, Windows Media Player recognizes it and says it has 511mb remaining, but when I go to the songs, it says there are none. Then if I go t:confused:o "Sync device" all the files say "already on device" Someone please help!!!

2. overbydt

overbydt

Try reformatting your Sansa's drive. You can get to it by going to My Computer and looking for removable disks. Right click and choose format. I have a Sansa myself, and I've had to do this a couple of times when the read/write got kind of screwy.

3. joelwd77

joelwd77 Thread Starter

UR Awesome, thanks!

4. joelwd77

joelwd77 Thread Starter

That cleared all of the files from my Sansa and I added them all back in and when I plug it in Windows Media Player says there are "no files on this device". HELP...

5. joelwd77

joelwd77 Thread Starter

It still isn't working, can someone please help. Thank you so much!

6. stantley

stantley

What model player do you have? What files show up with Windows Explorer?

7. joelwd77

joelwd77 Thread Starter

I have a Sansa E260 4 Gig. All of my files show up in my Library, but when I plug in the Sansa it says it has no files, but says I only have half my space left. When I turn on my Sansa all the files are there and I can listen to all of them. ???

8. stantley

stantley

So when you look in the player all the files are there?

In the player go to USB settings, is it set to MSC mode or MTB mode?

9. joelwd77

joelwd77 Thread Starter

Exactly. When I turn on the player everything works fine, but when I plug it in WIndows Media Player says there aren't any songs on device even though it's telling me only a limited amount of space is left. So I can't remove songs or update info or anything. I can add new songs just fine, but that's it.

10. stantley

stantley

To work with WMP make sure it's in MTP mode. You can add and delete files on the player with Windows Explorer when it's in MSC mode, the player will show up as a new drive letter.

11. joelwd77

joelwd77 Thread Starter

I just tried it in MTP and MSC and both ways it says "there are no files on this device". Thanks for trying...I appreciate the help.

12. stantley

stantley

When you get the player it has a database that you can only see in MSC mode. When you did a format you probably deleted that database. The player will still work OK, but not with WMP.

See if running this helps at all http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/673914