Sanyo MP3 player problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Poppit

I got my Sanyo for christmas, and I've had problems with it since.

I'm using it on Windows XP, and it will connect to the computer, as a "Safely Remove Hardware" icon appears in the corner.

But when I go on to "My Computer" to check on it, it freezes up my computer. Sometimes when it doesn't freeze, it doesn't show the removable hard drive. When it does show, I click on it, and more times than not it will say I/O error. I've tried changing the USB cables, but it still says the same.

If I go into MusicFileMaster it doesn't reconise the player at all, and tells me to check that it is connected properly.

And, now I'm stuck on what to do. Could you please advise me what to do?

Thanks.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
First suggestion is to start your own thread, don't hijack another user's thread. :)

What version/patch level of Windows are we talking about here? From the sounds, I'd take it back for a replacement. First, did you try it on another computer?

Poppit

Sorry about that.

I haven't tried it on another computer yet. But, when I tried it again on my computer a while ago. We noticed that it has something to do with the USB and the I/O device, and the way it is USB cable is placed.

:) Thanks for your time!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online