Sapphire Radeon 6870, faulty?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moveablefeast

Hello,

I've just bought a Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB from aria.co.uk.
There are black and white - what I can only describe as 'mosaic' squares - appearing in Photoshop and games, but also other graphical glitches in any software or application (including Catalyst) that has images.

Running on Windows 7 64bit, I've tried both the current driver, 11.10 and also 10.8. I've tried the card on another hard disk running XP and have the same problem.

If you could please take a look at the images and advise. It seems like a hardware issue to me...
Even the 'Select Installation Operation' image on the Catalyst install window is broken.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uI_q-LloV1c/Tr5NbsawV1I/AAAAAAAAAFM/hCyDN5noSco/s1600/radeon6870glitch.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LImhMHIiU...AAAFY/1pSqYeMI9y8/s1600/radeon6870glitch2.jpg

PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 700W
CPU: Phenom X4 9950
MOBO: ASUS M3A78-T
MEMORY: 4GB Corsair DDR2 1066mhz

Thanks very much.

leroys1000

Banned
Yes,those type of artifacts usually indicate a bad video card.
Might want to see if you can get an RMA from the place you
bought it and return the card for a replacement or refund.
If not them,then I am sure sapphire would have some sort of warranty.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online