1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sata drive not recognised

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pcwizz, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcwizz

pcwizz Thread Starter

i saw so many people complaining about the SATA problems on old mobos, so;

i just bought a new WD 400gb SATA drive, and i wished to use it on my MSI KT6V-LSR.

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=KT6V-LSR&class=mb

i followed the instructions on my mobo guild, i enabled it on the bios, and also installed the RAID drivers etc from the cd, however my bios does not detect the drive, also when i go to the device manager under SCSI and RAID controllers, VIA SATA RAID Controller has an exclamation mark, reason given: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)." i have reinstalled the drivers and installed them again, however no luck.

edit: just went through the WD knowledge base, found what i was looking for:

so for all you people out there who are having the problem of undetected volumes, try the method i used:

if ur mobo doesnt support SATAII, fix ur jumpers to limit speed, check ur HDD manufacturers website for more info,

after doing this it should show up on ur bios, and ur device manager, however on my situation it wasnt showin up as an accessible volume, which puzzled me, until i realised how easily it was fixed. :D

just go to computer management through your administrative tools and access disk management, easy sailing from there just let windows initialise the HDD, and format it fully. sit back relax have a coffee ... or a beer ;)

now to reformat these three new 750gb's i just got :rolleyes:

going to be here for ages i tells ya.

cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/603606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice