1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sata Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joeheathuk, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joeheathuk

joeheathuk Thread Starter

Hi folks i'm still having real trouble setting up my Sata drive with XP. I have an Asus A8V Deluxe MOBO and Hitachi Desktar Sata HDD which is connected to the Sata1 socket. I'm not sure exactly what drivers i need and when i try and use the drivers off the mobo cd on a floppy disk the error message ''File \winxp\viasraid.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 2113 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.'' while i'm trying to install XP. i've been searching through google and this problem is widespread but there is no simple solutions. If anybody could help i would be most apprecaitive. Thanks :)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. joeheathuk

Sorry if i sound like a noob Triple6 but as far as i can see on my mobo there are only 2 sata sockets and 2 sata raid connectors. there is a promise socket but it is IDE? also i'm just using 1 hdd which is sata. Cheers

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. joeheathuk

O rite! Sorry i had it plugged into the VIA connectors :rolleyes: . Cheers will try the manual you linked for me. hope this work cus i've been pulling my hair out for the past 2 days with this :confused: . Thanks again. will post back and let ya know. :D :D

6. joeheathuk

Thanks Triple6 done as you advised and comp is up and runnin sweetly. Thanks again for the support. :D :D :D (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice